Simulation Modeling and Analysis with Arena is a highly readable textbook which treats the essentials of the Monte Carlo discrete-event simulation methodology, and does so in the context of a popular Arena simulation environment. It treats simulation modeling as an in-vitro laboratory that facilitates the understanding of complex systems and experimentation with what-if scenarios in order to estimate their performance metrics. The book contains chapters on the simulation modeling methodology and the underpinnings of discrete-event systems, as well as the relevant underlying probability, statistics, stochastic processes, input analysis, model validation and output analysis. All simulation-related concepts are illustrated in numerous Arena examples, encompassing production lines, manufacturing and inventory systems, transportation systems, and computer information systems in networked settings.
· Introduces the concept of discrete event Monte Carlo simulation, the most commonly used methodology for modeling and analysis of complex systems
· Covers essential workings of the popular animated simulation language, ARENA, including set-up, design parameters, input data, and output analysis, along with a wide variety of sample model applications from production lines to transportation systems
· Reviews elements of statistics, probability, and stochastic processes relevant to simulation modeling
* Ample end-of-chapter problems and full Solutions Manual
* Includes CD with sample ARENA modeling programs
|المؤلف||Altiok, Tayfur; Melamed, Benjamin|
|الناشر||Elsevier S & T|